WAY Evangelistic Mission 09
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WAY Evangelistic Mission 09

Forum for the WAY committee to discuss and plan for the mission

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Graphics - Review

Go down 
+5
Racheal
Tanay
Matt
James
George
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
George

Graphics - Review - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 4:21 am

Thanks for the comments Smile

Another option of the handbill I have started developing... layout is still to fall together, but its a whole new vibe to the concept. The marketing of it all I will explain when its finished.

Graphics - Review - Page 3 HandbillRearOption3

Last edited by George on Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:37 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:40 am

Hey... looking incredible, the first one anyway... no comment on the last one... yuck!! I still think there are too many words in it all... who has time to read it all in today’s busy world? Attention spans are short... see if you have the time to read all my thoughts! lol

I would try to re-word a few parts that are wordy.... like:

“ten of hundreds” never heard of this phrase.... make it “hundreds” or “thousands”.....

“U-turn will be presented by James Higgins and David Brown. They are passionate youth who will share how they found answers to all of the above questions.” etc from here.... The sentence was too long... I don’t think you need to mention the team. Sounds like James and Dave are getting help presenting.

“Many of us feel lonely and alone” – only need one of these words.....

Program 2: I think 2 questions are plenty here, not three.... just trying to shorten it without losing the important bits!

Program 5: you could drop the last question. It is implied that you will address that.

Program 6: “So you’ve come to this incredible U-turn rally. Now what? Are you going to quit when its just getting good? This not-to-be-missed evening wraps things up and will point you in a new direction.... it will be your U-turn!”

Good work guys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 7:07 am

Thanks for the comments Matt! (though try and keep the contents ideas in the topic for it).
Back to top Go down
Racheal

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 7:13 am

I can see you have put a lot of time and effort into both graphics George and they look really good, my preference is the first one. I agree that if there is to much info you could loose them in not wanting to read it all, maybe one or two sentences that catch there attention on each topic. I also agree that the prophetic code be intoduced at the meetings. The comments whether to add the party scene line or not are both good points, I tend to sway towards having it on there but maybe re-wording it. I know that feeling personally & I believe that God uses that empty feeling to lead us to seach for something more and by having it on the handbill I think kids will relate. cheers
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 7:15 am

Four versions of the rear of the handbill. The chat speak is only put as an option to allow the text to be bigger and more readable.

Graphics - Review - Page 3 HandbillRearOption4 Graphics - Review - Page 3 HandbillRearOption5

Note: the background image for the below 'radical' version has not yet been purchased so it is still low quality and has a watermark on it.
Graphics - Review - Page 3 HandbillRearOption3 Graphics - Review - Page 3 HandbillRearOption2

Last edited by George on Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 7:33 am

Ok, so there seems to be a lot of new opinions on how much to write on the banner.... all this content was posted in other topics previously or read out at meetings and ok'd....

I don't know if there are to many words or not, sure the world has a quick attention span, but that is why the front side of the handbill is so simple and basic and clear cut etc. From an advertising perspective you want to give them as much information as possible as easily as possible.

According to statistics the handbills are only going to get us maybe 4-5 people along to the program, so essentially how much text there is or the readability of it is not going to change the world. Its like Dan Vis was saying, its not the handbills that count, its the continuation of the love, the care groups etc, the 'feeling' of the whole thing. John 13:35

Hence the radical design of one version of the rear of the handbill which the youth in the background. We are not going to get hundreds of teens along to this program from the handbill, its going to take targeted advertising and a feel that creates the vibe of 'even if you're not a "seeker" you just go anyways because its a social and everyone's going' then once they are there we hit them, and can present it without them looking at it with so many bias's etc. Hence we're going to be pushing to get it promoted at the school assembly times etc and somehow during school time so its like is an actual event that 'everyone's going to'... they just don't all know what they are in for..

These days Wauchope High School is pretty messed up, the kids are all clique and the teachers are pretty sad etc etc, it really needs something like this. But these days its cool to hate religion and say you don't care about it cause its what causes all the worlds problems and is the reason for all the wars etc etc... No standard religious styled advertising is going to pull these kids. It has to be fun, and new... and presented in a way that they won't dump it aside with all their preconceived ideas about "religion" as they call it.. Christianity is in this bag as far as they are concerned.

Just to explain things a bit.....

And currently I don't mind all of the three latest versions of the handbill (chat speak or without). But I do stand up for the radically different one... If I'm a standard youth and am planning to go to a social or youth event, I'm going to scan the four options, and I'm going to the one with the other kids on the front, its me.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 8:06 am

Of the four you posted, the second one is my fave (the one with the road, but no chatspeak). It's great flower

[edit for George] change sentence to 'U_TURN will be presented by James Higgins and David Brown who will be supported by a passionate group of local youth; over six nights...
also 'something', instead of 'somthing'.

Last edited by Bonnie on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:18 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : graphics spelling)
Back to top Go down
http://www.increasechrist.blogspot.com
David

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 11:22 am

George and James, you've done a great job. And i'm sure that God will bless whichever one you choose to use!!!!

Personally i prefer the first one that you put out, with a few changes to it.
I have a thought about the last programs tag line. Maybe put "this is the night that you will find out what the real purpose for life is. Come along and find out the turning point."

I also agree with what Tanay said about the "partying" bit, i hadn't thought of it like that. Good luck with the final touches to it.
Make sure you boys have a prayer before you finish it. God will impress you if anything really NEEDS to be changed.

Guys, keep up the good work!! Smile
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 3:18 pm

Thanks for your comments David, much appreciated.

Ok, so I know its getting confusing with the amount of options now... but I played around some more... and:

Graphics - Review - Page 3 HandbillRearOption6 Graphics - Review - Page 3 HandbillRearOption7

Graphics - Review - Page 3 HandbillRearOption8
Back to top Go down
David

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 7:59 am

I like that first new one, the layout looks really great!!
Don't know about the new bit "i dare you to be there," i'd probably stick to what you had before.
Doin a great job!! Smile
When is the final one going to the printer, will it be before i get back or after??
Back to top Go down
Tanay

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 9:27 am

well its so hard to pick! lol each of them have something cool and different about them so I think that any will be good! Smile you guys have done a great job! Wink
Back to top Go down
Racheal

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 9:49 am

Ok where do I start....if you count from the top of the previous page the 5th design down, Viv and I really like. You just may need to darken the font at the top for it to stand out and also make the world blue again like in the previous designs. It was good to get Viv's opinion as she hasn't seen any of them and this was the one that caught her eye, which is what we want to happen. Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 2:25 pm

Thanks everyone for your comments! Racheal, that would be the one with all the people in the background..?
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:40 am

remember to vote in the selection poll everyone :-) It's in this same graphics forum. George will be giving the graphics to the printer today.
Back to top Go down
Sharon Higgins

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:04 am

You have done a great job with the graphics guys.
Back to top Go down
Brett Higgins

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 9:38 pm

Exellent work fellows,very professional,what about previewing with Pr Lawman,for his comments and keeping him in the loop with an update,need to keep him on side...What ye say James. Important i think.
Back to top Go down
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 2:57 pm

Does anyone know whether Pr Danny has seen the advertising yet? He hasn't been on here for a long while.... would be good to get his thoughts too.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 10:09 pm

Yeah, Pr Danny has seen it, he loves it.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 8:31 am

I've just emailed the graphics to Justin... And yes Danny is very happy with the graphics.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 2:38 pm

All advertising material is back except for the 10,000 handbills which should be here this Monday or Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Graphics - Review
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WAY Evangelistic Mission 09 :: Mission program details :: Advertising-
Jump to: