WAY Evangelistic Mission 09
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WAY Evangelistic Mission 09

Forum for the WAY committee to discuss and plan for the mission

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Graphics - Review

Go down 
+5
Racheal
Tanay
Matt
James
George
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
James
Admin

Graphics - Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 1:11 am

Matt wrote:
The slogan... I must say it doesn't do it for me??? I haven't seen one on the other page that jumps out at me either..... but I haven't got anything better. I thought it could be more related to the "U-turn" idea; something like "Turn here to live - (then in smaller print) God's directions". Dunno???

I know none of them really do it for me either....

agreed that implementing the "uturn" concept into it is a good idea, perhaps we could even use the original variant "You_Turn" somehow?
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 3:10 am

Well I don't know who changed it to 'u-turn' in the first place, but I always thought the 'you-turn', but still with the road sign concept, was great.

I like the handbill design James but yes, the reccommendation is that you don't use more than two or three different fonts, especially on something as small as A5.
Back to top Go down
http://www.increasechrist.blogspot.com
Racheal

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 10:45 am

James I really like the hand bill and agree that the font needs to be the same. I will be praying that God brings a catchy one liner to someone for the banner.
Back to top Go down
Tanay

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 11:12 am

I'm really liking the handbill! great job! Very Happy
and we're all still trying to find a catchy one liner... needs something like "sick of the same old HWY?.... time to make a U_TURN."
Back to top Go down
Brett Higgins

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 11:56 am

Good job on the graphics James and George. Wouldn't change a lot. Just fiddle with the fonts. Need to connect the U-turn to the message. See my ideas in the brainstorming section on U-turn.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 10:56 am

SAMPLE OF THE FRONT OF THE A5 HANDBILL:

Graphics - Review - Page 2 Handbi10
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 1:57 pm

me like... lots....
Back to top Go down
Racheal

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:05 pm

Wow...it looks great!!! A job well done! Surprised Smile
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 1:09 am

Yeah, looks great hey!! Very Happy they've spent a lot of time on it! Very eye-catching graphics
Back to top Go down
Sharon Higgins

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 12:29 pm

I really think that you need to include a time - it won't take up that much space and this may be the only contact point you have. You cannot guarantee that people will take the time to look up the website. By specifiying a start time then people know whether it is day/night. Also if parents are having to drop youth off etc, then they also need to know what is going on. It can come straight after the When: with just 7pm or whatever. Otherwise I think the graphics are great. I like the perspective topics.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 2:57 pm

Sharon Higgins wrote:
I really think that you need to include a time - it won't take up that much space and this may be the only contact point you have. You cannot guarantee that people will take the time to look up the website. By specifiying a start time then people know whether it is day/night. Also if parents are having to drop youth off etc, then they also need to know what is going on. It can come straight after the When: with just 7pm or whatever. Otherwise I think the graphics are great. I like the perspective topics.

I agree Sharon!

Last edited by Bonnie on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)
Back to top Go down
Tanay

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:10 pm

Wow! ok this one is awesome! very eye catching! love it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 7:27 am

I was thinking to put the starting times on the back of the brochure alongside the program details..... But we could put them on the front too, as long as it doesn't start looking 'cluttered'.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 7:38 am

Good idea James, we'll see how it all looks when we get the back done as well
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:35 am

Three Improved Versions of the Banner - Please refer back to the old one on the previous page and comment and let me know which one you guys like etc....

Graphics - Review - Page 2 Banner10

Graphics - Review - Page 2 Banner11

Graphics - Review - Page 2 Banner12
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:38 am

PLEASE NOTE: The Colours are much more washed out and dull on here than they will actually be.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:55 am

ok looking sweet. :-) I like the first of the three best I think, bit dubious about the readability of the phone number but otherwise great
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 12:18 pm

Yeah, I think the new layout is much better. Sort of lists the things more in order of importance. The only number I have a small issue with is the number 1, but I'll fix it up.

Lol, I was showing all these to the printer/sign writer/graphics guy and he's like "what are you doing climbing trees"... lol
Back to top Go down
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:23 pm

1st one for me too. George, can you put a gap in the ph number as discussed?

0419 123456
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 9:57 am

don't you usually have the phone number gap as #### ### ### ???
Back to top Go down
mumbojum

PostSubject: graphics   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 11:49 am

I agree with James!! I like contrast of yellow lettering in No 1 but I think the font for phone number is a bit questionable. The 1 could very easily be mistaken for 7 or is that the 7 could be mistaken for 1. There is enough doubt to "throw it out".
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 3:22 pm

Latest Version of Banner:

Graphics - Review - Page 2 Banner13

Ok, and this is a draft version of the rear of the handbill:

Graphics - Review - Page 2 HandbillRearOption2

Please don't bother to point out all the layout and reading flaws.. lol, its just the content we are concerned about for the present moment. I still have a few problems with it all and am not overly happy with it, but James thinks its cool enough. It will continue to be modified over the weekend so please check back by Sunday night for a finale review of a couple of versions as these will all be given to the printer on Monday, if you don't comment by then, forever hold your peace... Smile

Last edited by George on Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
David

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 1:38 am

Nice job guys, but i think there are a few things that could be changed. I would probably leave out the bit about partying "a longing that no amount of partying can satisfy" and probably change it to "a longing that nothing can satisfy" just because we we aren't trying to point out peoples weaknesses.
Also I would probably not advertise for the prophetic code on this brochure, I'd advertise it in the U-turn series.
The only other thing is the white writing up the top, the visibility is quite poor over the white part of the background.
Apart form these few things, I think it looks great, apart from the obvious problems in the layout and format.
Keep up the good work lads!!! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 2:49 am

Thanks for commenting David. Like your suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Tanay

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 4:12 am

Wow looks really good! bounce

I agree with David about the prophectic code only being introduced at the meetings.
I think the mentioning of the party scene in the brochure is a good idea, because thats the main attraction of young people these days, they will be able to relate to it. I've spoken to a few friends at my school and they all say that they can't stand the empty feeling after a night of partying.
Most young people have felt that disheartening feeling the day after a night of partying so that will grab their attention.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Graphics - Review
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WAY Evangelistic Mission 09 :: Mission program details :: Advertising-
Jump to: