WAY Evangelistic Mission 09
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WAY Evangelistic Mission 09

Forum for the WAY committee to discuss and plan for the mission

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Graphics - Review

Go down 
+5
Racheal
Tanay
Matt
James
George
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
George

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyTue May 12, 2009 1:47 pm

James and I put a main banner together today, this will be the one hanging on the fence of the railway as you drive into Wauchope.

We are currently waiting on printing prices for various sized banners

Please see graphic below, its only a small bodged image as we have not yet purchased the license for the full size image, so I know its a bit hard to read and looks a little odd with the watermark in the background etc.

Please confirm if you are happy with the idea/feel of this and are happy to go ahead and purchase the background image, will cost about $60 for the full sized high quality image, the actual banner will be around 3m x 1m? Don't worry about the content listed, what is there and what isn't is all part of a strategic marketing strategy and ties in with all the other advertising planned.

Graphics - Review Ist2_310
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyWed May 13, 2009 5:15 am

also worthwhile noting that the finished product will probably have a darker background (with the sign still visible clearly) which will enable the text to stand out more.

The reason why no 'details' are on the banner is because we have purchased a website address which will be on the banner and people can look that up for info.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyWed May 13, 2009 5:28 am

am currently getting council approval for the banner, and I also have approval from the school to put one up there.
Back to top Go down
Matt

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyWed May 13, 2009 7:48 am

My thoughts.... graphics not bad, but what is this "strategic marketing"? I wouldn't know if its a driving program for school kids, a musical or whatever and unless I'm a net junkie it wouldn't excite me to even check the website link. How do I know its for me? I think it needs some reference to the content of the meetings.
Back to top Go down
Tanay

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyWed May 13, 2009 9:29 am

Yeah i would have to agree with Matt too. If i had no idea what this program was and saw that sign it wouldn't make much sense to me. The website is a good idea, I think it just needs to have a little more info on what its actually about. Really good graphics though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Racheal

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyWed May 13, 2009 9:47 am

Good job, I really like the design its very eye catching, I do agree with Matt though it needs to have some info that links it to what it is about. Blessings

Wink
Back to top Go down
George

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:26 am

Ok, I know you're all thinking it needs to have more info... James and I did toy with the idea, we tried putting many different things on it but nothing has looked/worked ok so far.

So we ended up leaving it off, partial basis because it leaves it open. People see the cool looking banner and go whats that??? But it won't end there, seeing the banner will put it on their minds without adding to any bias anyone may have with God or religion, which would other wise cause them to forget it instantly.

But then they will get and handbill in there mailbox, they will hear it on the radio, they will see the posters, and the high school kids (who are the people we are really chasing here) will have a banner hung on their front fence right at the bus stop where 100's of them wait every day, and that banner will be the same as this one but with more info (Jams and David will be hanging the banner up outside the school right at about 3:15-3:30 when there are loads of kids there and they'll take handbills to give out right there when all the kids are asking them what its about etc).

The banner on the railway fence will not be the only way people here about this. And as for the web link, it will stay, the only other small thing we can slot there is a phone number, and they doesn't do much.
Back to top Go down
Matt

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyThu May 14, 2009 6:19 am

Ok... cool. Smile Its just to familiarise everyone with the name. Just thought it could be a real effective advertising tool... visible to all. Many handbills will just get tossed, many will miss radio / paper ads, but lots will drive past this banner.
Could we change it to one with more details after this one has been up for a week/ 10 days or so?
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyThu May 14, 2009 8:22 am

Uh Matt, we'll do that if you pay for it Wink I don't think a big canvas banner like that is going to be cheap enough to be able to do more than one!! ^_^

Personally I think the concept is a bit too basic, and we need a bit more info, even if it's just a bit more info about when it's actually on, if not anything more about what it is.

George why don't you try talking to some schoolies and see what they think. Ask them what would attract their attention. You've never been to school so your perception is probably a bit different! (and besides you like mysterious things! Wink)
Back to top Go down
http://www.increasechrist.blogspot.com
George

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:17 am

Yeah, we'll be swapping the banners of the high school and the railway around at certain times (sorry, didn't mention that before).

More info about when its actually on.... you mean the time of day?

Yeah, I've already been in contact with 'schoolies', still working with some on stuff etc
Back to top Go down
Brett Higgins

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyMon May 18, 2009 3:54 am

This is a combined reply from Brett and Sharon. The graphic and concepts look good. I would go with a time as well as the dates and a contact phone number. Do we need a reference as to what the U-turn is? Not sure why we need two different banners. Let's not forget what Justin said, that most of the people that come won't be there from the leaflets. George, have you asked what time frame printers need to make the banner?
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyMon May 18, 2009 6:04 am

Good points Brett and Sharon.
The contact phone number would be...? Racheal? James?
Back to top Go down
http://www.increasechrist.blogspot.com
George

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyMon May 18, 2009 10:04 am

Thanks for the input guys, will see what we can do. Don't want to give out to much information as per times etc, you give people too much information and they don't need to know any more = they won't look at the website or phone us which gives us less chance to talk them in to coming.

Cost for a 3x1m banner in full colour for a one off order is $380.00 inc GST; they said if it was a package deal with a few printing jobs to do he'd work us some better pricing.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyTue May 19, 2009 4:28 am

I agree that we probably need more info - at the very least a tagline like "truth is cooler than fiction" "your questions. answered." or something. If anyone can come up with something, please do.

As to putting the times on there, I think it would be too cluttered. We could put a phone number next to the uturnevent.com website link.

So I think we go ahead and order the images, everyone seems happy with the background image.
Back to top Go down
George

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Banner Draft   Graphics - Review EmptySun May 24, 2009 11:37 am

Graphics - Review U_turn10

How's it look guys?
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptySun May 24, 2009 12:44 pm

note that the phone number is a fake at the moment.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyMon May 25, 2009 8:16 am

Graphics - Review Handbi10

this is a rough sample I cooked up for the front of the handbill
Back to top Go down
Matt

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyMon May 25, 2009 8:36 am

Nice little flyer George! Can you make the "U-turn Rally" arrow point to the location and dates? Know what I mean? You don't need to have "where and when" as the arrow can suggest that..... just an idea...
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyMon May 25, 2009 8:39 am

actually James made that one geek

good idea Matt, worth a try! Would simplify the design and make it look cooler
Back to top Go down
David

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyMon May 25, 2009 10:58 am

Hey james, great work bro.
I like it!!! Matt's idea is good though, worth a try.
keep up the good work Smile
Back to top Go down
George

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyMon May 25, 2009 11:11 am

Just re-posting this cause it looks like you guys missed it on page 1:

George wrote:
Graphics - Review U_turn10

How's it look guys?
Back to top Go down
George

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyMon May 25, 2009 11:13 am

James, your handbill design is cool, I'll just have to fix up where the sign post hits the ground and maybe the colouring a bit etc.

The only thing I have a big problem with is the fact you use what looks like way to many different fonts... looks shody as

And not sure about the 'Am I an accident line'... maybe 'Am I(or we) here by chance'...? Anyways you and I will go over the wording etc next time we catch up.
Back to top Go down
Matt

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyMon May 25, 2009 1:26 pm

The banner is ok James... um, George Wink Might still like to touch up some parts... can you make the main "U-turn rally" writing slip away to the right like the background does? It might work.... but no drama if it doesn't.

The slogan... I must say it doesn't do it for me??? I haven't seen one on the other page that jumps out at me either..... but I haven't got anything better. I thought it could be more related to the "U-turn" idea; something like "Turn here to live - (then in smaller print) God's directions". Dunno???
Back to top Go down
George

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyMon May 25, 2009 10:32 pm

Not 100% sure what you mean about slipping away to the right, but if it makes the words U_TURN stand out any less than they do, then no it cant be done.

Yeah, I know about the slogan, but until someone comes up with something better...
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review EmptyTue May 26, 2009 1:06 am

George wrote:
James, your handbill design is cool, I'll just have to fix up where the sign post hits the ground and maybe the colouring a bit etc.

The only thing I have a big problem with is the fact you use what looks like way to many different fonts... looks shody as

And not sure about the 'Am I an accident line'... maybe 'Am I(or we) here by chance'...? Anyways you and I will go over the wording etc next time we catch up.

Fair enough the use of many fonts was not intended to stay that way, the ones on the road are just a sample to show the concept of what I was aiming for, they will change as we work on it.

Agreed about the "Am I here by chance?" one, but like you said we'll crank this over more next time we catch up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Graphics - Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics - Review   Graphics - Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Graphics - Review
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WAY Evangelistic Mission 09 :: Mission program details :: Advertising-
Jump to: