WAY Evangelistic Mission 09
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WAY Evangelistic Mission 09

Forum for the WAY committee to discuss and plan for the mission

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

topics draft, subject to change

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
James
Admin

topics draft, subject to change Empty
PostSubject: topics draft, subject to change   topics draft, subject to change EmptySat May 02, 2009 6:32 am

1. Am I Really Alone? (a look at the reasons to believe in God and the Bible, and why it matters)
2. Why do bad things happen to good people? (the great controversy between Christ and Satan, and an appeal to trust God through the hard times)
3. MySpace in the Universe: Who Am I? (A look at the identity epidemic and how knowing your ID as a child of God revolutionizes your life. Appeal for Jesus as Saviour.)
4. Satan’s Guide to Relationships (How knowing your ID as a child of God revolutionizes your life and gives you fulfilling relationships) (possible appeal)

The last two I'm undecided on yet. I like the following....

5. Grave Errors About Death (Spiritualism is rampant in today's culture. Movies and media portray the God-inbuilt desire to live forever. What is the truth about death and afterlife?)
6. God’s User Handbook (The Law of God is still relevant to us in the 21st century, and is not a set of hard restrictions. It's awesome and fulfilling)

Last edited by Admin on Tue May 26, 2009 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited first topic title after meeting on 23-5-09, from 'Where are you God?', to 'Am I Really Alone?')
Back to top Go down
David

PostSubject: Re: topics draft, subject to change   topics draft, subject to change EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:49 pm

I have been working on my law of god sermon for the mission and am wondering about the sermon title.....
"The way to a better life," it fits in well with what i've put together so far and i'm wondering what u think James.
Not a necessity, just fits in atm...let me know what u reckon
Dave
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: topics draft, subject to change   topics draft, subject to change EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:43 pm

that works.... The Way To A Better Life I mean.

Are you implementing much of the Boot Camp study into it?
Back to top Go down
David

PostSubject: Re: topics draft, subject to change   topics draft, subject to change EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:48 am

Ummm, i'm not sure just how much yet....i've just been working on the intro part, trying to make it a a bit easier to understand from a non christian perspective, by using illustrations, when i get a lttle further into it i'll show u my progress so that u can see what u think.
I'm thinkin, not to using the bit about the sapphire stone...what u think?
I will definately put the text in that proves that the law wasn't done away with some where.
Thanx for lookin at that
Gb bro Very Happy
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: topics draft, subject to change   topics draft, subject to change EmptyFri May 29, 2009 8:12 am

yeah you could easily leave out the bit with the sapphire stone and it still works.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: topics draft, subject to change   topics draft, subject to change EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:12 am

So "The Way To A Better Life" would be the last sermon = David is doing the final show?

The title change seems fitting, we'll bring it up at the committee meeting this weekend for you David. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
David

PostSubject: Re: topics draft, subject to change   topics draft, subject to change EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:39 am

Thanx George,
The only thing i don't know about is when i'm preaching...i thought that the original order of sermons was, as above for the first three, then my two presentations, then the one on "Satans guide to relationships."
I think that this would be more effective than finishing on a doctrinal topic like 'gods law' or 'state of the dead'.
Up to James though
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: topics draft, subject to change   topics draft, subject to change EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:42 am

Yeah, the order of the sermons is still moving around a bit, you'll have to talk to James on that one.

Also, this is out of topic, but I'm doing the Sabbath morning worship at camp this coming weekend and I'm told you are doing the evening devotion. Should we both work on the same theme for the day?
Back to top Go down
David

PostSubject: Re: topics draft, subject to change   topics draft, subject to change EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:49 am

Go on chat
and we'll talk camp worships
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: topics draft, subject to change   topics draft, subject to change EmptySun May 31, 2009 1:55 pm

here's my latest thoughts.... includes title, topic, and the possible description for the brochure.

1. Am I Really Alone? (existence of God and reliability of Bible) Most of us feel lonely and alone at some point in our lives. Even if you’ve never felt this way, you may have wondered if there’s something ‘out there’. Aliens, God, Angels? Solid evidence that there is Someone out there is not as elusive as people think.
2. Why do bad things happen to good people? (Great Controversy)Why do innocent people die in natural disasters? Why would God allow your best friend to die? If God existed and loved us, why wouldn’t He fix the world’s problems? It’s often thought that there aren’t answers to these questions. There are.
3. MySpace in the Universe: Who Am I? (Salvation) Where am I going in life? Am I just a drop in a mud puddle? No, you are not just here by chance. You have a special ID and you are valuable.
4. The Way To A Better Life. (Law of God) Is there some kind of codebook that can give you a satisfied and happy life? If so, how would you follow it?
5. Satan’s Guide to Relationships. (Love for God causes love for fellow men) How can you have fulfilling relationships with those around you? What is love? Is it a feeling? A commitment? Or is it just sex?
6. We need a good wrap-up and lead-in into the follow up studies. I’m thinking a topic on the Holy Spirit would be good, because the HS is the means to (a) be saved (b) keep the Law and (c) have good relationships. I’m not sure about how to tie this into a prophecy seminar though….
Back to top Go down
David

PostSubject: Re: topics draft, subject to change   topics draft, subject to change EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 12:45 pm

here's the tag line for the Law sermon. if you don't like it just put your comments on here, if i don't get back to you just have the last say, OK.

The way to a better life: Does your life feel empty? Do you feel as though your doing all you can to have a good life, but yet it still doesn’t feel complete? Find out how you can experience a better, more fulfilling, and complete life.

The line for the GC sermon is all good bro, I like it.
GB man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: topics draft, subject to change   topics draft, subject to change Empty

Back to top Go down

topics draft, subject to change
Page 1 of 1