WAY Evangelistic Mission 09
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WAY Evangelistic Mission 09

Forum for the WAY committee to discuss and plan for the mission

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

church service with anna-lisa's group

Go down 
+4
Matt
Racheal
Bonnie
James
8 posters
AuthorMessage
James
Admin

church service with anna-lisa's group Empty
PostSubject: church service with anna-lisa's group   church service with anna-lisa's group EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 7:41 am

G'day everyone,

contacted Pr David Betts today, it's all systems go for us to attend their church on 23rd August, to take the sermon, give a few testimonies and special items, and he is very interested in a youth social between now and then as well
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: church service with anna-lisa's group   church service with anna-lisa's group EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 7:44 am

WOW, praise the Lord!! Very Happy That's great!!

Hang on, how come the date got changed to August? That's a long way away, and really close to the mission! Not complaining, just curious
Back to top Go down
http://www.increasechrist.blogspot.com
Racheal

PostSubject: Re: church service with anna-lisa's group   church service with anna-lisa's group EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 2:25 pm

Excellent...I was thinking about that today...Bonnie there was a few reasons for the date change one was because Tanay & I were going to be away in June also we wanted all the youth to be able to attend & it seemed a little short notice. August meant we could give out flyers & promote the mission closer to the date. We need to plan & pick a date for a social. God is amazing!!!
Back to top Go down
Racheal

PostSubject: Youth Social with Anna-Lisa's Youth   church service with anna-lisa's group EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 1:05 pm

Just a reminder & I know everyone is busy....but we need to think about a youth social with Anna-Lisa's youth group.... We need to look at a date, place & what to do.....any suggestions?? Can I suggest the 4th weekend in July while the Nowendoc treasures are here as well. Tanay did mention that Anna-Lisa said a bonfire at her place on the Sat night but she needed to check with her parents, how does that sound to everyone or we can do Sat night at Kempsey bowling alley...it is a little primative but thought we might have more of a chance at getting most of the youth from Anna-Lisa's chuch if we stay local...thoughts please... Laughing xoxox
Back to top Go down
Matt

PostSubject: Re: church service with anna-lisa's group   church service with anna-lisa's group EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 12:42 am

Bowling at Kempsey primitive? I should take offense..... narh. Everyone will score better up there as its so old that as soon as your ball hits the wooden floor the boards shake and the pins all begin to fall! lol. But I would think a better social to be a bonfire as we can mingle easier. Kempsey hasn't got much else, unless we challenge them to indoor cricket?
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: church service with anna-lisa's group   church service with anna-lisa's group EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:17 am

Bonfire sounds good (long as we start early enough so as we all get to mingle and talk before it gets to dark etc). Bowling is ok, but you don't generally end up talking to the other people much because you are focusing on the game all the time etc, and all of a sudden its all over.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: church service with anna-lisa's group   church service with anna-lisa's group EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 12:02 pm

definately bonfire. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: church service with anna-lisa's group   church service with anna-lisa's group EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 9:54 am

yeah a bonfire sounds nice, but we'd need to do some sort of activity at the same time, or we end up sitting around in groups just chatting to the people we know...
Back to top Go down
http://www.increasechrist.blogspot.com
Racheal

PostSubject: Re: church service with anna-lisa's group   church service with anna-lisa's group EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 12:27 am

Tanay spoke again with Anna-Lisa yesterday and she is speaking to her parents so we should know very soon if the bonfire is to go ahead. Bonnie suggested a planned activity... any suggestions on what you would like to do???
Back to top Go down
Brett Higgins

PostSubject: Re: church service with anna-lisa's group   church service with anna-lisa's group EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 9:16 am

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but if you check the last W.A.Y Newsletter that Saturday night is Kezia's 18th Birthday party. Life is busy.
Back to top Go down
Tanay

PostSubject: Re: church service with anna-lisa's group   church service with anna-lisa's group EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 9:23 am

Well I think another idea would be the indoor recreational centre at kempsey. They have indoor cricket, squash and volleyball I think a game of something gets people mingling! Basketball
Most of the youth from Anna-lisa's youth group go to my school and they all like that type of thing.
Just an idea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Racheal

PostSubject: Re: church service with anna-lisa's group   church service with anna-lisa's group EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 9:37 am

Sorry Brett, yes life is busy I missed Kezia's birthday...James, George and I had a chat yesterday about a new date and we came up with the Sat night before we go to their church which will be Aug 22nd, the rec centre idea from Tanay seems like a good suggestion.
Can I please have feedback regarding date and activity so it can be confirmed at the next meeting and Tanay can organize with Anna-Lisa.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: church service with anna-lisa's group   church service with anna-lisa's group EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 9:43 am

Ok, we now know that Michelle Higgins was thinking of organizing a car rally for the evening of the 22nd, but I'm not sure if its in concrete at all so she probably wouldn't mind if the youth were doing something else at Kempsey. Though there was the idea to invite the youth fro Anna-Lisa's church down to the car rally.... but I don't think that's really practical or entirely polite to expect them to come down etc.. don't know how many would.

The function center sounds cool! I guess we could even do both? Function center for three hours or so and then off to dinner around a bonfire....?
Back to top Go down
Sharon Higgins

PostSubject: Re: church service with anna-lisa's group   church service with anna-lisa's group EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:14 am

We have given Michelle the option to go back to the 4th Sabbaths for church socials as there was no social committee the last 12 months, and we will do the odd youth social on the 2nd Sabbaths, so you will need to consult with her. She has suggested to us that we run another car rally in August. I'm sure something could be worked out. How difficult would it be to bring them down for a car rally and bonfire? What numbers are we talking about Tanay that would come? If there is too many then, yes, we would have to go to Kempsey. Maybe the car rally could be postponed until September. Maybe give Michelle a call Racheal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: church service with anna-lisa's group   church service with anna-lisa's group Empty

Back to top Go down

church service with anna-lisa's group
Page 1 of 1