WAY Evangelistic Mission 09

Forum for the WAY committee to discuss and plan for the mission

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Quizzes, evaluation forms, questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Quizzes, evaluation forms, questions   Sun May 31, 2009 1:33 pm

This is all sounding good!! I like the idea too. We don't need to have large introductions, but a short quiz each night is recommended just so the people get into the pattern of making decisions.
Are we wanting to have a time to answer questions? I'm thinking of some that perhaps get written on cards that we can go thru later and answer the next night. Personally I think this would be better left to the weekly follow-up program unless really neccessary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quizzes, evaluation forms, questions   Sun May 31, 2009 1:59 pm

I think questions would be good, probably have a box at the back they can put stuff in and the next night Amanda would read them out and we would answer them, having obviously researched them the day before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George

PostSubject: Re: Quizzes, evaluation forms, questions   Sun May 31, 2009 2:47 pm

Yeah, I think a few relevant questions should be answered each night maybe, like people place them in a box up the back and we re-search and answer the relevant ones etc that we have time for.

Any quizzes etc.. don't know. No fill in the paper and hand it in stuff I don't think; everything should be done from the floor, appeals and decision requests etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Quizzes, evaluation forms, questions   Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:39 am

You don't like the idea of filling in a quiz each night? I think its paramount to the success of the program. It also gives us the names and addresses of everyone in a non-confronting way, compared to "signing up" at the rego desk..... thats what is happening up here, it works and it can be fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Quizzes, evaluation forms, questions   Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:12 am

How do you get their details off a quiz sheet? I was thinking an evaluation sheet would be better, like the one we had at the O'Neil program. They can write on there if they'd like to be contacted for further info.

With the questions, it can take a fair amount of time to answer them sometimes, and unless there is a big gap in the program you'll have to be careful you don't end up preaching another sermon, 'cause you're likely to get a very sticky Q! No more than two an evening I reckon... Remember when we did the Q & A panel at the first YWM camp? It took ages!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.increasechrist.blogspot.com
George

PostSubject: Re: Quizzes, evaluation forms, questions   Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:14 am

Ok, maybe we'll look into a quiz sheet, but also an evaluation form for sure. And def not the first night.

Bonnie, think you missed what we said about the questions... they would not be from the floor, so we would not necessarily answer them all, and some we would save for a more relevant night etc etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharon Higgins

PostSubject: Re: Quizzes, evaluation forms, questions   Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:38 pm

It could be that you have 10 yes/no questions relevant from the presentation before so that you know they have understood the presentation. These can have their name on it and be handed in(which means you have a record for follow-up) - a slightly different slant to answering open ended questions from the front. I think you should ask Danny's/Justin's opinion an the effectiveness of different types of questions because this technique would have been used in multiple ways with evangelism before. We have some time to work through this one. Amanda may have some ideas on what she is comfortable with doing from up front as well. A short quiz like this should only take 5 minutes max with effective deacons/greeters on hand to collect material, hand out pencils/papers etc.
A box of questions from the back - you may not get any, so be prepared to have some in there anyway or some of the helpers to put some in there at end of each evening.
Keep working on ideas because this is important interaction from the floor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George

PostSubject: Re: Quizzes, evaluation forms, questions   Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:29 pm

Yes, I like the idea of questions etc designed to make sure they have understood the program and to give input on what they liked etc. I think we should ask Danny's and Justin's opinions on what works best and then design our own unique themed version sort of based on the success principles inside the ones that have worked before.

Maybe they could also just fill in the quiz as the meeting goes on and hand it in at the end, that way they will have a pen with them the whole time etc even if they didn't bring one, so they might get to writing stuff down etc. It won't be so in depth that it takes away their attention or anything.

Yeah, we might not get many or any.. so we'll answer some general ones up the front anyways for sure. But I think on a whole the youth are a very questioning bunch and most of them as they go to school etc have not hesitation asking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Quizzes, evaluation forms, questions   Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:44 am

Yep Sharon thats about it! I'll try to remember to bring down this weekend the quiz sheets we are using up here. Simple and effective.... We only have 5 questions from the previous nights program. We even had one on the first night to get them into the habit. That one was general knowledge, like "who is the prime minister" etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quizzes, evaluation forms, questions   Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:20 am

Matt if you can bring that stuff down that would be great.... A quiz during the program that they could fill in as they go might work well, a lot of work to put it all together though. I'm personally not keen on designing sermons and powerpoints AND a quiz...

I like the idea of just having the question box at the back, they can write them down and pop them in. We are bound to get lots, and if not it might mean they are understanding the messages! I think it's important to still have a rego desk, because that way we can get sticky labels with everyone's names on them so 'everyone knows everyone' automatically.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George

PostSubject: Re: Quizzes, evaluation forms, questions   Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:37 am

The Quiz would only need to have 5-10 questions or less James. Just on the main points you are making, to ensure they're getting what you say sorta thing, and keep them focused

Yeah... not sure if we need rego or not..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quizzes, evaluation forms, questions   Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:39 am

....guess so.... Will see what the boys have been using up in Lissy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geoff

PostSubject: Re: Quizzes, evaluation forms, questions   Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:08 am

Hey Guys!
This looks exciting! Keep up the great work! I really like the idea of questions and answers...I think if its promoted by the MCs I would think there would be a response. Maybe we could do a demo run even on the first night...maybe we could begin with questions concerning the program like..."So James, what is the U-turn program?" or "how is U-turn going to make a difference to me personally?"... "What sought of questions can I ask for the questions and answers segment?"
I think its a creative way to get info across and keep their attention, at the same time giving an example of what we mean when we promote the "Questions and Answers segment."

God bless!
Geoff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quizzes, evaluation forms, questions   

Back to top Go down

Quizzes, evaluation forms, questions
Page 1 of 1