WAY Evangelistic Mission 09
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WAY Evangelistic Mission 09

Forum for the WAY committee to discuss and plan for the mission

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Appointing people for:

Go down 
+4
James
George
Matt
Bonnie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Appointing people for: Empty
PostSubject: Appointing people for:   Appointing people for: EmptyWed May 27, 2009 2:27 am

Audio Visual - Matt has said he doesn't think he can do it and registration (see 23-5-09 minutes topic), and has suggested Juri as someone who would be capable.

If there are any other positions that people have declined etc then please list them here and we'll deal with them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.increasechrist.blogspot.com
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Appointing people for:   Appointing people for: EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:18 am

I haven't declined it... just thought things might work better that way. What do you all think? I'll go wherever I'm needed!!
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Appointing people for:   Appointing people for: EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:24 am

Its just that with Juri as MC there will really be no one else apart from you who would be bright enough to pick it up without prior experience...

Though you mentioned something about not being sure of him being an MC.. Who else did you have in mind?
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Appointing people for:   Appointing people for: EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:51 pm

I chatted with Racheal about this yesterday and we were thinking that maybe you could just do the audiovisual Matt and we get someone else to do rego?
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Appointing people for:   Appointing people for: EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:53 pm

Totally, there is no way someone doing Audio vision will be doing anything else at the same time...
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Appointing people for:   Appointing people for: EmptyFri May 29, 2009 8:13 am

so who would be good for leading the rego team?
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Appointing people for:   Appointing people for: EmptyFri May 29, 2009 8:33 am

James did George let you know that Juri doesn't want to do the MC job? He might play his guitar but that's about it...?
Back to top Go down
http://www.increasechrist.blogspot.com
George

PostSubject: Re: Appointing people for:   Appointing people for: EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:06 am

Yeah, J said he's really not to keen on getting involved in anything. But we'll see how things progress, just don't push it..
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Appointing people for:   Appointing people for: EmptyFri May 29, 2009 12:11 pm

Well I guess that's that matter resolved.... Who are we going to get then is the next big question?
Back to top Go down
David

PostSubject: Re: Appointing people for:   Appointing people for: EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:17 am

I askd Rod what he thought, and he proivded a good point...we probably don't need a male MC, because we have two male speakers. So the purpose of having a male MC is taken out because of this.
Having a girl is good so that the girls can go to her and ask questions if they're uncomfortable with the speakers, but a guy isn't necesarily needed, as they can ask James or myself any questions.

I suppose that it all depends what the purpose is though...up here at the mission the MC is Paul Geelan, and he only spends a few minutes talking before Justin preaches.
I would suggest that we keep the preliminaries as short as possible!! especially on the first night, as they have come there to here the message. Too many prelims can turn them off.

Just a thought!!! let me know what u guys think
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Appointing people for:   Appointing people for: EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:22 am

Good point about the Male MC, I mean like when one of the speakers is not speaking he can even double as the male MC for the other speaker if necessary. Amanda has agreed to be an MC if we need her.

And I totally agree with you on keeping prelims to a bare minimum, the message is the point, not the show biz etc.
Back to top Go down
Racheal

PostSubject: Re: Appointing people for:   Appointing people for: EmptySun May 31, 2009 4:00 am

I agree as well with the above discussion....I think we could get away with Amanda & if need be David or James on the nights they arn't preaching..
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Appointing people for:   Appointing people for: EmptySun May 31, 2009 6:44 am

Amanda has said yes to it, pending she's not too worn out from her Europe trip, which is just before the mission.

And I'm with the idea of just having one female MC, coz I guess Dave and I can double up if neccesary.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Appointing people for:   Appointing people for: EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 1:16 am

(have split the discussion about quizzes/questions etc to another topic, so we can keep things in order.)

Matt's comment in split post:

Matt wrote:
This is all sounding good!! I like the idea too.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : about splitting topic - by Bonnie)
Back to top Go down
https://waymission.forumotion.com
Sharon Higgins

PostSubject: Re: Appointing people for:   Appointing people for: EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 12:44 pm

I suggest that you have a back up female MC in case Amanda is not up to it after her Europe trip or gets sick or something dramatic happens. It is too important not to have left in the air. Suggest that either Bonnie, Kezia or Christie be approached knowing they are only for backup. Make sure that Amanda knows we want her first and foremost. Any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Appointing people for:   Appointing people for: EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:19 pm

Good idea about the backup! I think we go ahead with Amanda, if she's meant to be MC God will have her ready. And if not he'll bring someone else in though, so I don't think we should plan a backup. Just let God design it. If we plan a backup we won't be allowing for him to put someone there if he wants to. Like he would have to put out two people just so he could get the person he wanted in there...?? Lol, just a random idea... sorta allows God to design it more if we've messed it up.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Appointing people for:   Appointing people for: EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 7:24 am

not really following you there George.... Sure God can 'design' it, but wouldn't it be much preferable to be ready than scratching around 2 days before the program if Amanda can't make it? In the long run it doesn't make any difference if we decide on a backup now or 2 days before the program, God can be in that process either way and I'd rather not be left in the lurch.
Back to top Go down
George

PostSubject: Re: Appointing people for:   Appointing people for: EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 7:35 am

Yeah kk. But our options are not going to change between now and 2 days before anyways. We'll look at backup options but we won't really be able to define who it is until they are necessary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Appointing people for:   Appointing people for: Empty

Back to top Go down

Appointing people for:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WAY Evangelistic Mission 09 :: Mission program details :: Other discussion-
Jump to: